Thursday, June 25, 2009

Texas Is Really, Really Hot

I'm at Connie's hanging out for a few days. Her cat, Boy is letting me hold him and he even gives me "kisses & hugs." He is a 17 year old black cat and just as sweet as can be. A few barn cats live under Connie's house. "Grandma" is healing nicely, well better than ever expected after being gone for 7 days and draging her broken body back to Connie's house from who knows where. She can now stand and she doesn't hiss at me when I come out the door.

Yesterday it was 106 degrees at 5pm according to the bank thermometer. Everytime I stepped out of the truck, I felt like I was in an oven...and there was a breeze.

We have hit two thrift store so far. I haven't bought much, but I've hauled stuff in for Connie, both times.

Cleveland isn't big, but is it building up. It has the feel of Eugene, OR without the college... colorful houses.

Connie's small house sits among upscale houses on a "farm to market" road or Fm for short. The school of Tarkington is a block up and a block left from her house. Very nice campus that holds all three schools.

We played the Mega Millions and no one won. I won $2 on a scratchers' ticket.
Last night we bought TX. lottery tickets, but haven't checked them.

Today, is the "boat" in Louisiana, so gotta get movin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annette's Playlist

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones